Learn more about us
No matter where you find yourself in the startup pipeline, RAMP wants to connect you with regional resources if you are building a technology-based business with high-growth potential.
The RAMP program includes different levels of support to help companies on their business journeys.
- Pitch & Polish clinics can provide valuable feedback on research or a business idea if you are in the early stage.
- The RAMP In-Residence Program is for companies that have two or more founders with a minimum viable product. Companies must apply for the program.
- RAMP alumni get continued support through Exit RAMP and continued involvement with RBTC.
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, we offer two cohorts per year with an average of five STEM-related companies accepted.
Cohort companies must fully participate in the program and locate to the Roanoke region. The accepted companies can expect to be engaged in the program two full days a week for the entire 12-week program that features:
- $20,000 in equity-free funding sponsored by VIPC and Verge
- 1:1 expert mentoring
- Access to industry experts
- 12 weeks of intensive curriculum
- Free office space with high-speed internet access
- Free membership in:
- Discounted office space following your completion of the program
- Three additional years of ongoing support through Exit RAMP
As a proud member of GAN, each founder is also given access to playbooks, mentors and other resources across hundreds of other accelerators and companies around the world.
RAMP was founded in 2017 with funding from GO Virginia, the City of Roanoke, and Virginia Western Community College.
The organization is now part of the Verge Alliance, which also includes the Roanoke-Blacksburg Technology Council.
In 2020, RAMP doubled its output thanks to a major endorsement by the U.S. Economic Development Administration, which awarded a nearly $1 million grant.